Wehrpass to M. Weihsflach, GJR 98, Anti partisan actions Balkan, EK1, close combat clasp,...

Wehrpass to M. Weihsflach, GJR 98, Anti partisan actions Balkan, EK1, close combat clasp,...

Wehrpass to M. Weihsflach, GJR 98, Anti partisan actions Balkan, EK1, close combat clasp,...

  • Product Code:5-00618
  • Availability:In Stock
  • SOLD

Wehrpass to Mase Weihsflach from Bayreuth. Weihsflach was born during World War 1 and started off as bakery helper in the 30's. After a very succesful RAD service in 1935 he volunteered for the army on 8.3.37. After a year in the Luftnachrichten he was transfered to the Panzer Abwehr Kompanie of the Gebirgsjäger Regiment 98 that later became part of the 1. Gebirgs-Division. Weihsflach saw his first action in Poland, september 1939. One year later he took took part in the Western campaign and took part in the invasion of Belgium, Luxemburg and France. The GJR98 passed through Fumay, Laon, the attack on the Oise-Aisne Channel, Coucy le Chateau, Soissons, battle of the Marne up the the Loire passing. Weihsflach was able to take a few months of rest but on 4.4.41 he already needed to move east. Gebirgs-Jäger-Regiment 98 formed a spear point in the invasion of Yugoslavia. The Regiment later moved to Cilli when Yugoslavia where is was also pulled back after the capitulation. The GJR98 was now sent to Galicia area and fought heavily during in the first days. After a heavy Russian panzer attack in Jaworow they finally arrived in Lemberg on 29.6.41. Around mid of July the Regiment finaly reached the Stalin Line. Weihsflach fought and destroyed the Red Army in the Podwyssokoje pocket and moved forwards to the Dnjepr. He was now awarded the infantry assault badge in silver. After the heavy bridge fight in Berislawl, they finally reached the Dnjepr. GJR fought the heavy panzer battle in Timoschweska, took Stalinoand moved further East. Weihsflach was now awarded the EK2. 

After a very cold winter of 1941-1942 the Division had to dig in and beat the umbearable temperatures of -40 degrees. The battles started again in the spring of 1942. On 17.5.42 the Regiment launched the attack on Barwenkowo and took the city. Later they moved more East and crossed the Donez. They finally reached the Kaukasus and crossed the river Don. After taking several villages and mountain passes the Regiment needed to pull back because of the pressure of the Red Army and the very high casualties in the mountains. They were now sent to the Balkan area where they fought the Kuban bridge head. 

In March the whole regiment was pulled back first to the Krim and then to the South. Weihsflach suddenly needed to fight against an other kind of enemy... partisans. On May 1943 he fought against Partisans in Montenegro and a bit later in also Greece, Croatia and Serbia. On 8.8.43 he finally received the close combat clasp in bronze. In Albanie, Weihsflach was wounded in the head for which he received the wound badge in black a few months later. At the end of 1944 he already took the grade of Oberjäger. Further battle entries in Begrado and later the Plattensee cme afterwards.  

Weihsflach fought up to the last months of the war and was decorated with the Iron Cross 1st class in April 1945 while trying to fight off the red army. 

This very nice GJR98 Wehrpass in complete and comes with a RAD service photo of Weihsflach and his matching dogtag in leather bag. The pass is completely filled out. 

Top Wehrpass of a highly decorated professional soldier who survived all major battles of the war, won the close combat clasp and the iron cross 1st class and survived!!